The Specsavers Professional Recruitment team is made of Partner Recruitment, Specsavers Recruitment Service (SRS) and Graduate Optometry. Read each team’s brief report on 2021 and thoughts on 2022 here.
The Partner Recruitment team is responsible for the sourcing and recruitment of Specsavers Joint Venture Partners (JVPs)
- Strength and security in the Specsavers Partnership has not been impacted by COVID-19 and there is record interest in optometrists and retail managers wishing to join the partnership.
- Operating under the ‘open for care model’ has meant that Partners have been able to maintain their salary and dividends throughout the pandemic (without the stand-downs that have been common in the industry).
- 75 new Partners placed this year with plenty of opportunity in 2022 as Specsavers looks to expand its store network across ANZ.
- Pathway Program (Specsavers world class leadership and development program that prepares optometrists and retail managers for partnership) saw 80 candidates graduate in 2021, with keen interest in enrolments for 2022.
Specsavers Recruitment Service (SRS)
SRS is Specsavers’ dedicated internal recruitment team, specialising in attracting and recruiting talented Optometrists & Dispensing professionals for all stores across Australia and New Zealand.
- The global pandemic has thrown many curve balls in the recruitment space, with ongoing lockdowns and border changes impacting the placement of locum and full-time optometrists in our stores.
- Despite these challenges and a proportion of the year spent in lockdown, the Specsavers recruitment team has worked hard to recruit 100 optometrists, 220 retailers and has placed over 14,000 locum days in 2021.
- As our stores continue to grow and our network expands, we have ongoing Partnership (Optometrist and Retail), Optometrist (FT, PT, locum), and Retail (Store Managers, Supervisors, Dispensers, and Optical Assistants) vacancies across ANZ
- With increased patient demand across our stores, we have grown our Mobile Optometry Team (MOT), a role that allows optometrists to combine their professional work with lifestyle whilst offering attractive remuneration package and benefits – we are currently recruiting for a QLD MOT to join the team.
- Specsavers has been recognised as a Great Place To Work, with a strong focus on individual’s personal and professional development. For anyone interested in opportunities, please reach out for a confidential discussion with Madeleine Curran to talk through your next career move, whether that be locum, permanent or partnership.(e) firstname.lastname@example.org
(m) 0401 100 772
The Graduate Optometry team are responsible for the recruitment, development and ongoing support of Specsavers’ early career optometrists.
- Specsavers has recruited a record number of graduate optometrists in this cycle (over 180) which will allow our network of stores across ANZ to further increase accessibility to eyecare services.
- Approximately one third of these graduate optometrists are employed by stores in regional/ outer regional areas.
- A key focus area for the team in 2022 will be supporting the personal and professional development of our graduates through our industry-leading Graduate Program.